Friday 14 October 2011

Pink Panther Editing Exercise


This is an editing exercise that I did to the music of Pink Panther. The idea of the exercise was for me to practise editing to the beat of the music. I did this by using several different photos that would be flicked between during the song.

To do this I uploaded some photos onto the timeline of Final Cut Express as well as the piece of music. I then played the music through several times so that I could understand the beat of it. I then used the 'marker' tool and pressed 'm' at every beat of the music where I thought an edit should be used. After this, I cut at each point where a marker was placed so that the photo could be switched at this point. 
Once I had completed this, I then deleted every other clip on the V2 part of the timeline. This would enable the photo on V1 to show, giving the effect of flicking between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment